Public Works

Mission Statement

The Mission of the Public Works Department is to provide infrastructure and quality of life related services to residents and visitors of Okaloosa County. The Public Works Department accomplishes this mission through its six divisions: Engineering, Traffic Operations, Roads, Environmental Services, Parks Division, and Administrative Services. Additional support is provided through subsidiary departments of Facility Maintenance, and Fleet Operations.


The Public Works Department will hone operational efforts while maximizing the efficiency of our limited resources. Challenges presented to the department will be met with a commitment to excellence and professionalism. Opportunities for success will come with the implementation of innovative solutions and a statement of pride in the quality of our work.


  • Professionalism: We will perform quality work, be respectful of our workers and citizens, be innovative in the use of our resources and be in perpetual pursuit of improvement.

  • Integrity: Staff will be fair, consistent, open, honest, responsible and selfless in our actions and decisions.

  • Accountability: We will be responsible in our use of resources (funds, materials, equipment and people) to do all we can to protect the health, safety and general welfare of the public and our staff. We will continue to be good stewards of the government infrastructure and resources.

Email a question or request to Okaloosa County Public Works Customer Service:


Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I rent a County park for a personal gathering or activity? (weddings, birthday parties, reunions, etc.)

Do I need a permit to get married on a County beach?

Can I take my pet to a County park or County beach?

Will the County accept my household hazardous waste? (old paint, used oil, batteries, etc.)

Why does the County lock some parks at night?

Do I need a permit to install a driveway?

Do I need a permit to install anything in a county right-of-way?

Do you have any information that can be used to teach children about recycling?

Can the County help me with the mosquito population near my house?

Where can I report a derelict vessel?

Can I have speed bumps installed on the roadway in front of my house?

Where can I report a dead bird?

How do I request a right-of-way vacation?

Does Okaloosa County have a Transition Plan to highlight areas not currently meeting ADA requirements?